Wednesday 8 December 2010

My First Blog

So I thought in this world where people seem to be sharing every last shred of information about themselves online (person you don't care about has checked in to somewhere you don't care at all) that I would start a blog. I fear I'm a little late on the scene but even some of the greatest minds in history missed a trick (Thomas Edison thought television was a just a phase people would get bored of and refused to invest $1,000 on the patent).


So there. I will use this blog for a few poems and maybe even some of my views on art, music, literature and television.


There are few things I'd like make abundantly clear before we start.
- The name of the blog. Yeah, I know there is a band that already use the name but it's MY blog. Anyone who has an issue with something like this are probably the same people who moan at The Clash for covering I Fought The Law. Yeah, we all know it was originally performed by The Crickets but The Clash made it famous, it's THEIR song. Anyway, the band my blog is named after sucks.
- I am also aware that my URL is spelt wrong. I realise there is an s missing. This was intentional as mindlessselfindulgences.blogspot was taken to be wasted on some healthy lifestyle bullshit. This blog isn't about the mindless indulgences of elves.
- Finally, I DO NOT CARE if you don't like this blog. If you come on here to say stuff like, "Your poetry is shit," "Your reviews are worthless," or "You basically suck as a human being and should seriously consider committing suicide," then you can fuck off now. I am writing this blog for me and a small minority of people who may find what I have to say interesting. If this is not your thing that's fine but don't come on here to bitch away all the petty insignificant things that you're too scared to say in real life but are brave enough to say over the internet. This is the last I will say on this subject and I will not rise to anything like this. Constructive criticism, however, is welcomed.


That is basically all I am going to say for now. If you are interested in reading what I have to say then I hope you are eagerly anticipating this blog.


I will try and update this a few times a week!


In the meantime here is a video of migrating penguins for everyone to enjoy:







Yehhh Boiiiiii!
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment